Changing GU10 bulb in Ovia OVGU720 Flameguard Fitting
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MattLew
Labourer
Labourer

Changing GU10 bulb in Ovia OVGU720 Flameguard Fitting

by MattLew » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:29 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the above light fitting? (pic below)?

I've tried twisting the bulb and the bottom part of the fitting but neither will budge. There are no visible clips holding the bulb in place.

I'm weary of taking the entire fitting out of the ceiling as the clips are very tight and squeezing the visible clips on the side of the housing doesn't do anything.

Cheers.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Changing GU10 bulb in Ovia OVGU720 Flameguard Fitting

by Mr White » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:21 pm

As with all GU10 lamps you press the lamp upwards and twist anti-clockwise (You could try using both thumbs) you can also purchase a "suction cup on a stick" with the same intention.

An acknowledgement that you have read this post is always appreciated.

MattLew
Labourer
Labourer

by MattLew » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:05 pm

Mr White wrote:As with all GU10 lamps you press the lamp upwards and twist anti-clockwise (You could try using both thumbs) you can also purchase a "suction cup on a stick" with the same intention.

An acknowledgement that you have read this post is always appreciated.

Thanks for the reply but this was the first thing I tried (I have dozens of GU10s around the house and a suction cup on a stick). The bulbs are rigid in these fixings to the point where ininitially I thought they were sealed units.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

by Mr White » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:55 am

MattLew wrote:this was the first thing I tried (I have dozens of GU10s around the house and a suction cup on a stick)

Oh. You did not state in your first post that you are already familiar with the removal of the lamps.

If the lamp refuses to move, then you have no choice but to change the complete fitting.

Sorry if that was not the answer you wanted to hear, but there is nothing else you can do, also with only a few regulars here on the forum the probability of any of us working with your particular light fitting are very slim indeed.
An acknowledgement that you have read this post is always appreciated

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:01 am