changing light fittings
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bazza
Ganger
Ganger

changing light fittings

by bazza » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:39 pm

hi guys ive just changed my ceiling rose (9 wires) into (3 wires) for a spotlight which work fine thing is i connected all the wires into a terminal block 15amp and pushed them back up into the ceiling void i waz just wondering if this is ok also the light fitting is in my bedroom so am i right in thinking its ok for me to fit them ie not breaking any part p rules thanx 4 any advise bazza

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: changing light fittings

by BLAKEY1963 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:21 pm

[quote="bazza"]hi guys ive just changed my ceiling rose (9 wires) into (3 wires) for a spotlight which work fine thing is i connected all the wires into a terminal block 15amp and pushed them back up into the ceiling void i waz just wondering if this is ok also the light fitting is in my bedroom so am i right in thinking its ok for me to fit them ie not breaking any part p rules thanx 4 any advise bazza[/quote]

BAZZA
YOU ARE OK TO REPLACE LIGHTFITTING.
IF POSSIBLE , ABOVE THE CEILING ROSE ACCESS COULD BE GAINED BY TAKING UP A FLOOR BOARD , THEN YOUR CABLES COULD BE INSTALLED INTO A 20 AMP 6TERMINAL JOINT BOX. THIS WOULD BE AN IDEAL CONNECTION METHOD AND JOINT BOX COULD BE SCREWED TO
THE SIDE OF THE JOIST. AS IT IS ENSURE TIGHT SECURE CONNECTIONS , WITH NO BARE EXPOSED COPPER , CONDUCTORS PUSHED HOME INTO CONNECTOR BLOCKS. AND TAPE UP CONNECTOR
BLOCK WITH INSULATION TAPE.
BLAKEY1963

Jeffmo
Ganger
Ganger

by Jeffmo » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:14 pm

Hi Bazza , no regulations being broken here as long as cables were already in place , if involves new wiring then it will rquire inspect , test and cert.Hope this helps regards Jeff

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

changing light fittings

by bazza » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:55 pm

hi blakey and jeffmo thanx for reply much appreciated i wasnt able to gain access to floor above due to laminate flooring in attic bedroom but i did tape up the connector block with insulation tape THANX again

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:27 am