Changing Light Switches and What is This Bracket Called That Switch Screws into?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mascis2000
Labourer
Labourer

Changing Light Switches and What is This Bracket Called That Switch Screws into?

by mascis2000 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:08 pm

I'm trying to fit new light switches and I need some of these brackets (pictured) so that there's something to screw the light switch into.

What are they called? I've tried googling things like 'back box bracket adapter' etc but nothing comes up, where can I get them in the UK?

Thanks for any responses..
Attachments
IMG_1050.JPG

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Changing Light Switches and What is This Bracket Called That Switch Screws into?

by Mr White » Thu May 17, 2018 10:13 pm

Not seen those in years, why can you not just change the back box?

(Only 50p each or less if you buy multiples)

mascis2000
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Changing Light Switches and What is This Bracket Called That Switch Screws into?

by mascis2000 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Thanks for the reply but to change the back box would mean disturbing the plaster around it. It would be easier if I could just get these brackets and make the job a bit cleaner and quicker.

Also, bear in mind I'm having to do this on every light switch in the house, this is the only switch in the house I've found that isn't currently bodged with one mounting screw loose. If I could just get some of these brackets...

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:55 pm