Changing Lighting in Kitchen and Ceiling Rose has 3 red and 1 Black Wire

Postby Ctoulson » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Im trying to replace 1 of the 2 lights in the kitchen. They are both linked so turn on together. There was 3 red wires and 1 black wire in the old light, the new light has 3 wire holes. I have a picture of how it was wired up but just wanted to check if it is right.
Ctoulson
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Mr White » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:53 pm

Your post makes little sense to me, but you should connect your new light the SAME WAY the old one was connected.
Often new modern light fittings do not have space for existing wires (too many of them) If this is the case I would suggest using maintenance free connectors and short flex.
Connect the existing cables as they were connected to the new connectors, and take a flex (and earth if required) from these and connect to the new light fitting. Pushing the connectors into the void behind the light fitting
Mr White
Progress to next rank:
39%

Postby chriscba » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:14 pm

Picture of both fittings would help
chriscba
Progress to next rank:
11.3%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!