Chaple Mono Block Kitchen Taps - Still loose and Moving After Tightening?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nigel bevan
Labourer
Labourer

Chaple Mono Block Kitchen Taps - Still loose and Moving After Tightening?

by nigel bevan » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:58 pm

hi there , i have fitted the new tap, not leaking anywhere (happy days)but the tap which is a mono block buy the way, on tightening to the underside of the porcelin sink top as tight as possible is moving ,when moving the spout ,from one drainer to the other.the tap is an exact replacement of the old tap which didnt have this problem.i have also noticed that the tighter the tap is secured from bellow the harder the spout is to move, am i missing something as i assumed the screw type bolt for securing had no bearing on the the movement of the spout above any suggestions most appreciated

Colin Evans
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Chaple Mono Block Kitchen Taps - Still loose and Moving After Tightening?

by Colin Evans » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:55 am

Hi Nigel
Your understanding of how the tap works is correct - the tightness of the fixing on the underside has no bearing on how hard or easy it is to swivel the neck of the mixer. Regarding the fixing, there should be a washer between the bottom of the tap and the ceramic surface that came with the tap. This should stop the tap body from slipping once you have tightened it up with the bolt underneath.
Re. the swivel neck, it swivels on a small O ring washer. This may need to be greased, although it shouldn't on a new tap. To do this you will probably need to turn the water supplies off, then you can detach the neck and grease it.
Hope this helps!
Colin Evans
PBSL Group

Colin Evans
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Chaple Mono Block Kitchen Taps - Still loose and Moving After Tightening?

by Colin Evans » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:29 am

Hi Nigel
Your understanding of how the tap works is correct - the tightness of the fixing on the underside has no bearing on how hard or easy it is to swivel the neck of the mixer. Regarding the fixing, there should be a washer between the bottom of the tap and the ceramic surface that came with the tap. This should stop the tap body from slipping once you have tightened it up with the bolt underneath.
Re. the swivel neck, it swivels on a small O ring washer. This may need to be greased, although it shouldn't on a new tap. To do this you will probably need to turn the water supplies off, then you can detach the neck and grease it.
Hope this helps!
Colin Evans
PBSL Group

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:33 pm