Circuit Board and Lighting Issues
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
danh1977
Labourer
Labourer

Circuit Board and Lighting Issues

by danh1977 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:50 am

I had an external light that has over the last few weeks leaked water and as a result tripped the entire Ground Floor Lights. I was not able to re-set the lights as they continued to trip as soon as I turned power back on.

I have now removed the offending light fixture and until I can get someone round I have taped the wiring up (each set of wires seperatly and then all together). However, now the circuit for the downstairs lights will go back on without tripping, none of the other lights work. I have tested bulbs, just in case they all blew but still no joy.

Have I done something wrong or do I need to get the external light re-wired as it is part of the circuit? Please help...it is very dark in my house at present!

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Circuit Board and Lighting Issues

by BLAKEY1963 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:05 pm

[quote="danh1977"]I had an external light that has over the last few weeks leaked water and as a result tripped the entire Ground Floor Lights. I was not able to re-set the lights as they continued to trip as soon as I turned power back on.

I have now removed the offending light fixture and until I can get someone round I have taped the wiring up (each set of wires seperatly and then all together). However, now the circuit for the downstairs lights will go back on without tripping, none of the other lights work. I have tested bulbs, just in case they all blew but still no joy.

Have I done something wrong or do I need to get the external light re-wired as it is part of the circuit? Please help...it is very dark in my house at present![/quote]
DANH1977
WHEN U ISOLATED SUPPLY AND VIEWED WIRES , THEY
SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAPED TOGETHER IN THIER ORINGINAL
POSITIONS AFTER REMOVING LIGHT FITTING.
BY SAYING U HAVE TAPED WIRES SEPARATELY, THIS COULD B THE PROBLEM BECAUSE U MAY HAVE ISOLATED A LIVE AND NEUTRAL
GOING TO OUTSIDE LIGHT THEN REST OF DOWNSTAIRS LIGHTING CIRCUIT. U CAN EITHER PUT THEM BACK AS U THINK THEY WERE OR
IF U R NOT SURE , GET IN AN ELECTRICIAN WHO WILL SORTPROBLEM OUT.
BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:49 pm