Clay garden drainage
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
20DC
Labourer
Labourer

Clay garden drainage

by 20DC » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:03 am

We have a 2 metre patio across the width of our garden and the garden slopes slightly down to one corner of it. When we get heavy rain water collects in the flower border in that corner and can flood the patio. When the house was built (ten yeras ago) we noticed this and the builders dug a trench about two feet deep and 8 inches across between the patio and lawn and filled it with pea shingle. This probably helps but it still floods on occasions. I was thinking of digging a pit in the corner that floods and filling it with rubble, stones etc - assuming of course I can get through the clay ! Is this OK to do so close to the house? If I can't get through the clay I guess it will still help to some extent. Any input or ideas gladly received.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:19 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:58 pm