Cold Water Supply
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
conroyp2007
Labourer
Labourer

Cold Water Supply

by conroyp2007 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:01 am

I recently installed a new sink in the upstairs main bathroom, a friend of mine helped me out as im know nothing about plumbing, i turned off the main supply to the house, and let the tap from the sink to be replaced drain the tank in the attic.

We installed the sink, fitted the tap and turned the mains supply back on, but since that, we have no cold water to any of the upstairs taps, and the toliets are not filling back up with water, the main kitchen sink has cold water.

Im stuck and desperatly need some advice.

Regards

Peter.

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:08 am

Right this sounds like a faulty stopcock or an air lock.

Make sure your tank is filling, if it’s not sure that all of your stopcocks are open, it’s easy to turn one off and forget about it.

If your tank is full, then test the water out pipe. Make sure the gate valves are open and working.

And trace the pipes if you can to make sure you or your friend has not closed one and forgot to open it again.

If it’s an air lock, then just take off your washing machine flex hoses and attach one of them to both connexion points. (One end of the hose to the cold feed, the other end to the hot feed.)

Then just turn on the cold.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:32 pm