Concrete pavers for greenhouse base
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sitchey
Labourer
Labourer

Concrete pavers for greenhouse base

by sitchey » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:49 am

Hi

I'm laying a simple patio area our in a small woodland area.

The first area is a sitting area and I'm using block pavers on top of a bed of vibrated blinding and corse sand.

The second area is very small and is being used for a 6x8ft greenhouse. I'm putting down larger concrete pavers for the greenhouse to sit on. The area has blinding that I was going to vibrate and then just lay the pavers on. As it's small and only being used for a greenhouse, didn't want to use a bed of sand or mortar. The pavers are needed to help give the greenhouse a secure base so it doesn't blow over, otherwise it would have just been set on the blinding along with the raised beds beside it.

Wanted to check this is OK, or would it be better in sand etc.

Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Concrete pavers for greenhouse base

by stoneyboy » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:15 pm

Hi sitchey,
A lot will depend on the weight of the greenhouse and how exposed it is to winds.
A lightweight greenhouse will need bolting down and if this is the case paving slabs would be better than pavers.
Regards S

sitchey
Labourer
Labourer

by sitchey » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:47 pm

Hi

It's a light weight greenhouse and yea needs bolted down which is why I'm adding the flags.

Yea these are concrete flags, 450mm square. Would these better bedded on a loose sand and cement mix?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:29 pm

Hi sitchey.
Provided the greenhouse edges sit on or near the centre of the paving slabs there would be no benefit in sticking them down. You may have to use a blinding layer of sand on your compacted surface to level the slabs. Regards S

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:57 am