Condensation on the Wall Around Window that Occurs Overnight?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
deaninho
Labourer
Labourer

Condensation on the Wall Around Window that Occurs Overnight?

by deaninho » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:23 am

Hi All,
I did a quick search first but couldn't find anyone with a similar issue to me. In one room only, there is condensation forming around the double glazed window, so much so that it drips, condensation on the window itself, i'm not so worried about as a little bit is normal, or so i'm told.

It only happens over night, with one adult sleeping in the room with the bedroom door closed, it happens all year round and not just during colder/winter months.

I'm starting to suspect that the window has been fitted incorrectly and there isn't sufficient contact between the framte and the house? Has anyone else experienced this before or know of a solution ?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Dean.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Condensation on the Wall Around Window that Occurs Overnight?

by welsh brickie » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:05 pm

its a cold spot around the window, if there is a plastic trim around the window remove it, and cut away 10mm of the plaster till the edge of the window is visible, check if expanding foam has been applied, if not ,or some is missing seal the window with it, if no trim has been fitted you can buy it at your local plastic suppliers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:54 am