Connecting pump wires to an electric triton shower t60i
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jonno
Labourer
Labourer

Connecting pump wires to an electric triton shower t60i

by Jonno » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:27 pm

Hi to everyone
Hope someone may help me with my post, i have purchased a new electric shower and decided to install it myself, my old shower had connections for a pump to make the pressure to my shower better, now my problem is that i have connected everything togther ie, the plumbing, and electrics - and unfortunatley do not know were to put the pump wires being L & N which are on a seperate cable entering the unit as now....
They have spade connections and not sure were these are added too

Please someone help!!!!!!!

I have power coming into the electric terminals but obviously the water is not being pumped, so the shower will not work as yet, if it will

Please help as i need a shower :(

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Connecting pump wires to an electric triton shower t60i

by BLAKEY1963 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:44 pm

[quote="Jonno"]Hi to everyone
Hope someone may help me with my post, i have purchased a new electric shower and decided to install it myself, my old shower had connections for a pump to make the pressure to my shower better, now my problem is that i have connected everything togther ie, the plumbing, and electrics - and unfortunatley do not know were to put the pump wires being L & N which are on a seperate cable entering the unit as now....
They have spade connections and not sure were these are added too

Please someone help!!!!!!!

I have power coming into the electric terminals but obviously the water is not being pumped, so the shower will not work as yet, if it will

Please help as i need a shower :([/quote]

JONNO
I DO APPRECIATE U WANT TO DO THIS OR RATHER U HAVE DONE IT YOURSLEF. R U AWARE OF PART P ? ( SEE DOC S PROJECTS )
A BATHROOM IS A SPEACIAL LOCATION AND WORK IS PART P NOTIFIABLE, NOT DIY.
I WOULD ADVISE TO GET IN A PART P SPARKY TO HELP U.
BLAKEY1963

Jonno
Labourer
Labourer

by Jonno » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:12 am

Thanks for the reply Blakey1963
I think the cable wires coming in from the pump need to be connected to a switch inside the shower, tell me if i'm wrong
as no water is coming from the pump into the shower, as i have checked thsi out, also the shower neon is not coming on - even though power is getting in - 240V
so i think maybe it could need connecting to a part of the shower unit which will open a switch and then call for water and activate the pump

if that makes sense

the shower i am using is a Triton t60i electric

any comments welcome

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

by BLAKEY1963 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:06 am

[quote="Jonno"]Thanks for the reply Blakey1963
I think the cable wires coming in from the pump need to be connected to a switch inside the shower, tell me if i'm wrong
as no water is coming from the pump into the shower, as i have checked thsi out, also the shower neon is not coming on - even though power is getting in - 240V
so i think maybe it could need connecting to a part of the shower unit which will open a switch and then call for water and activate the pump

if that makes sense

the shower i am using is a Triton t60i electric

any comments welcome[/quote]

JONNO
THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PUMP AND SHOWER WOULD NEED TO BE STUDIED AND CONSIDERED ADEQUATE FOR THIS APPLICATION.
ALL THESE PRODUCTS ARE DIFFERENT AND NEED EVAULATION FOR THE
JOB BEFORE BEING INSTALLED.
AS I SAID BEFORE I FULLY APPRECIATE U WANTING TO DO THIS JOB YOUR SLEF, BUT SOMTIMES ONE NEEDS EXPERT HELP.
YOUR PART P SPARKY COULD BE CONSULTED TO COMMENT ON THE
INSTALLATION METHODS , AND PRODUCT INFORMATION, AND CAN CHECK WITH THE MAKERS OF THE PRODUCT, IN THIS CASE TRITON
THAT ALL THINGS HAVE BEEN CARRIED OUT CORRECTLY BEFORE POWERING UP. DOES THIS UNIT HAVE A COLD FEED ONLY ONTO IT ?
OR IS IT HOT AND COLD ?

BLAKEY1963
UP.

Jonno
Labourer
Labourer

Triton t60i

by Jonno » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:08 pm

Hi Blakey1963, i found my problem to my post
the problem being that the pump wires needed to be connected to the solenoid inlet feed
the triton t60si does not have one :(

Thanks for the advice

speak soon Jonno :wink:

electricman
Apprentice
Apprentice

by electricman » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:38 pm

If your last shower had a pump, was it a 'power shower', if so you can't use the pump with the new electric shower.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:39 am