Connection From Copper Pipe to Shower When Replacing Electric Shower
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jamieq
Labourer
Labourer

Connection From Copper Pipe to Shower When Replacing Electric Shower

by jamieq » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:43 pm

Hello everyone, I'm a complete novice looking for advice.

I'm replacing an electric shower which needs a 15mm compression fitting for the inlet.
The water supply comes in at an angle and has an elbow connector (as below) attached, which I am having difficulty removeing - it does not fit my new shower.
https://www.showerdoc.com/bristan-newte ... p-092-0421

What is needed to connect my shower to this, or is there an easier methed of removing it? I have a 15mm brass compression joint that fits the shower and I hope fits the pipe. Is there anything else I need?

Thanks for your time.

KitchenGuy
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Connection From Copper Pipe to Shower When Replacing Electric Shower

by KitchenGuy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:15 pm

Hi, not sure which end you are having trouble removing but at some point this fitting needs to be taken completely off and replaced with an elbow for your new shower. The fitting is removed from the inlet pipe by pulling up on the circular ring on the fitting while pulling up on the whole fitting, they can sometimes be a bit stiff. You will most likely find it easier (and it maybe necessary if there is no play) to remove the fitting out of the shower unit first, this can be done by simply sliding the plastic "U" shaped clip out and simply pulling or prising the fitting out the fitting from the shower unit.

jamieq
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Connection From Copper Pipe to Shower When Replacing Electric Shower

by jamieq » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:37 pm

thanks buddy, I got it eventually. It was the intake pipe end, the shower was already gone. Thanks for the help.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:22 am