Conservatory Between Elevated Garden and Rear Extension - Is This Possible?
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

muds
Labourer
Labourer

Conservatory Between Elevated Garden and Rear Extension - Is This Possible?

by muds » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi All

This being my first post on DIYDoctor is bound to have some issues, please pardon me for that and kindly ask anything that is not clear.

Situation --

We are wanting to buy a House which can be a perfect house but a little less on space. Its a Semi Detached House with Single Story Rear Extension done already.
Also, the Garden is elevated and there is a patio after rear extension which is about 3 meters. Since it is elevated garden, current owners had to cut the first few meters flat to have patio and then there is a Garden wall (i don't know how better to explain this) and stairs to garden. Garden's starting height from patio is about 5feet.

Please see the attached picture to get a better understanding if possible -

Question --

Now my question is, can we after buying this house have a Conservatory over patio, which will have a conservatory type roof, sides will be majorly wall and top few feet will be PVC and in front there will be A conservatory glazing door to garden and on both sides of door there will be conservatory windows over garden wall. so it will be like having a shed over patio.. with some wall all over.

Can we build this conservatory without planning permission considering that there is already a rear singly story extension in place? or do we need to ask permission from council/neighbor ? if planning permission is needed how likely is that we will get it and what points should we consider before applying permission

Please have a look at attached rough drawing and guide.

We are eying to buy this property hence any quick responses will be highly appreciated.
Attachments
Conservatory.jpg

It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:58 pm