Conservatory Leaking and Damaging Brickwork
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pde100
Labourer
Labourer

Conservatory Leaking and Damaging Brickwork

Post by pde100 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:13 am

IMG_4416.JPG
IMG_4417.JPG
IMG_4430.JPG
IMG_4430.JPG
IMG_4417.JPG
IMG_4416.JPG
hi there,

I am having trouble with my conservatory. As you can see from the attached photo's when it rains it seems the gutter leaks into the frame of the conservatory which then constantly drips onto the window ledge and has caused water damage to the outside brick work. I have cleaned the gutter and I can't see how the water is getting in? any ideas? There seems to be a silver lining in the gutter, does anyone know if I can re-line the gutter please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thedoctor

Re: Conservatory Leaking and Damaging Brickwork

Post by thedoctor » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi

I have passed this question on to one of our tradesmen and he commented it’s a little hard to guess where the water is coming in without being able to get up there and have a look.

What he did say is that there should be no way that should be able to get in to the frame unless the roof itself is leaking

If possible, you may need to get up there and have a look. Would probably be best when it’s raining as you may then be bale to trace the flow of water and see where it’s getting in.

Alternatively, if you have a hose, get up to roof level with it and get some water on there and see if you can follow it’s path as then this may highlight where it’s going and how it’s getting in to the frame

Hope this helps

pde100
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Conservatory Leaking and Damaging Brickwork

Post by pde100 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:28 am

that's really useful, thanks for making enquiries. I'll try pouring some water over certain area to trace the leak

thanks

peter

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:11 am