conservatory without dwarf wall
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ramie
Labourer
Labourer

by ramie » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:19 pm

if you are building a conservatory and you are not having a dwarf wall, what is the actual full hieght onservatory actually fixed onto.

DUDE DIY
Ganger
Ganger

by DUDE DIY » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:17 pm

Hey ramie your new conservatory would be have to be fixed onto foundations and possibily and external wall leading through from your house. Speak to your conservatory supplier about this. Hope this helps.

brad
Labourer
Labourer

by brad » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:56 am

Ramie, im not sure i understand your question, if you are asking how tall the frames would be, then they generally are standard height 2100mm. The fixings would be the same as a dwarf wall cons, through the sides into the wall (packed off to get plumb) through the bottoms of the frame into the floor and through the head into the ringbeam. I would suggest you request that your frames are joint using a 10mm ali coupler or equivelent as this adds needs strength when not having a dwarf wall. The standard 'H' section for joing frames together is in my opinion too weak to support full height frames. Hope this helps.

Brad.

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Perry525 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:06 pm

I have had a couple of disasters.
One, wife cutting lawn in garden fired stone through glass.
Two child throwing things more broken glass.
Since when I favour dwarf walls.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 pm