DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Consumer units in multiple outside building

Postby baebefan » Sun May 13, 2007 2:35 pm

I have two garden sheds in need of upgrading electrical supply, currently wired from house heating system, straight to shed socket and lights. I want to make this safe. Do I need a consumer unit in each shed or can I put unit in main shed, nearest house, and wire second from that? Do I need an earth rod? I will be getting electrician to test and final connect.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 2:26 pm


Simply Build It

Postby sparx » Sun May 13, 2007 8:17 pm

Sorry but you can't legally do this yourself & get someone to test it, either you tell bldg control & pay their fees before starting or get a part p registered electrician to do whole job & self cert. it.
regards SPARX
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2166
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:33 pm
Location: The fifth continent.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics