Corner problem with new plaster meeting old plaster
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nicki_bee
Labourer
Labourer

Corner problem with new plaster meeting old plaster

by nicki_bee » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi

I have just skimmed a stud wall which makes up the side of a fitted wardrobe and is a right angle to the room wallsThis involved removing the existing plasterboard and fitting new board and skimming. However the corner where the new wall and original outside wall meets is right beside the door architrave and therefore i just plastered as far as I could into the corner but couldnt get in enough to actually do the corner properly. The result is that the corner is messy and has a few holes in it where the new and old plaster does nto quote meet! Is there anything I can put in the corner which can then just be painted over - like some sort of tape perhaps?

Many Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:04 pm

nicki_bee,
Use dry iining tape.
end

nicki_bee
Labourer
Labourer

by nicki_bee » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:53 am

Thanks stoneyboy - what would be the best way to stick this to the wall? Do you think it would be possible to fill the edge between the tape and the wall so you dont see the tape ridge without having to skim the whole wall again?
Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:38 pm

nicki_bee,
Yes there's a special dry lining adhesive to use with the tape and this can also be used to feather out the tape edges.
end

nicki_bee
Labourer
Labourer

by nicki_bee » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:46 am

Great - thanks for your help. Will give it a go!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:43 am