covering of electrical wires in wall after a re-wire
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
phys
Labourer
Labourer

covering of electrical wires in wall after a re-wire

Post by phys » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi there,

I have just had a full re-wire on my house and the electrician has chased the walls,for the sockets and switches. Should he have put some type of covering on the wires, to protect it from the plaster when I get the wall filled?

when I asked him about it he says in the 17th edition it states that its not compulsary.

Can anyone please advise,

Many thanks for your time and help :D

kuzz
Ganger
Ganger

Post by kuzz » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:43 pm

I'd certainly recommend metal capping was put over the cables. it'll stop the cables moving when the plasterer is plastering and make it a little easier, will also prevent him\her catching and damaging the cables with the float. also helps in the future with any additions or alterations, such as if you wanted wall lights a cable could just be pulled down the capping to the switch, no need to break out all the plaster.
However, he is absolutely right it is not compulsory. Unless you have it written into a contract or quotation i don't fancy your chances of getting him back to do it for nothing.

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:52 pm

Sorry to say I have to agree with kuzz.
Eric

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:47 pm