DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Coving awkward corners in bedroom

Postby bradls11 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:59 pm

php3YR9PkAM.jpg
Hi all. Currently redecorating a bedroom in my house and intend to use coving to cover a bad joint where the paper meets the wall. However we have a couple of awkward corners where the ceiling follows the roof. Has anyone dealt with a similar issue or got ideas on how to apply coving to areas like that attached
bradls11
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby stoneyboy » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:47 pm

Hi bradles11,
Presumably your issue is with the curved part of the junction. If you are using expended polystyrenecoving this may be flexible enough to bend. If you are using plasterboard coving you could try wetting a section overnight and see if this will then bend. If not you will have to make a series of cuts part way through the coving and fill afterwards with the coving adhesive.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby bradls11 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:03 pm

Yeah it's plaster coving unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give them a try and let you know how I get on.
I think ultimately it will be the multiple cuts that solves the problem.
bradls11
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!