cowboy upvc fitters beware no qualifications required
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

skyecontrol
Labourer
Labourer

cowboy upvc fitters beware no qualifications required

by skyecontrol » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:45 pm

Hi, Ive just been hit by the cowboy upvc soffits guttering and downpipe cowboys. There is no law to say these companies after have any qualifications ((((because there isnt any qualifications ))). Althought the bigger companies of windows double glazing may have qualified carpenters etc working for them . Companies that only deal in this type of work employ untrained workforce with no qualifications or any other trade skills. I received poor shody unfinished work and damage to my property in other areas eg brickwork. While they try every trick in the book to convince you they are skilled with guarantees of 10 years and even 21 year further investigation reveals this to only be manufactures guarantee of the product they are useing and most suppliers will state that it only stands if the fitting is carried out to there requirements. Which in my case and i fear alot of other misinformed members of the public who employ these people to carry out the work for them believeing the are skilled in this trade. Also after receiving advice on this matter the law requires you to give them the chance under the goods and service act a timed deemed reasonable to put thing right. So be careful when dealing with this type of rogue upvc fitter .

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:29 am