curtains :-(
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vjs1987
Labourer
Labourer

curtains :-(

by vjs1987 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:37 pm

i need to put curtains up in my new home. i don't have any wood or anything above the windows and the walls are wallpapered. is it possible to attatch curtain poles directly to the wall using no more nails over the wallpaper or do i have to get a piece of wood for the curtain pole to go on and if so will it be possible to attatch the piece of wood to the wallpaper using no more nails as the plaster underneath the wallpaper is rubbish. the wallpaper is anaglpta so it is thick and also embossed. i need help!!!!

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:03 pm

If you use a grip adhesive then all that will be holding up the weight of the curtains plus pole is a nice thin bit of wallpaper. In due time it will descend to floor level and probably sooner rather than later.

Drill right through the paper and plaster into the brickwork and fix your pole (or timber on which you will subsequently fix the pole) using wallplugs and screws. If its a block or stud wall use the appropriate fixings for the screws.

Cheers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 am