Cutting a section of FloorBoard!
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ek_1986
Labourer
Labourer

Cutting a section of FloorBoard!

by ek_1986 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi All

I am new to all this, wondering if I could have some advice.

In my living room area I am planning to cut a small section of the floorboard out and was wondering what the best tool could be recommend for the job?

I was thinking of getting a saw into the floor board, however I do not want to make a mess.

I have concerns as the whether there maybe any pipes/ electrics underneath the floor board and have conducted a search with a wire/pipe detector which has not detected any so far. Is there anything else I need to do before attempting to cut section of my floor board?

Many Thanks in Advance
[/img]

Joiner_Mike
Ganger
Ganger

Cutting your floor

by Joiner_Mike » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:09 pm

Hi
If i wanted to cut just a section out instead or removing a whole plank/board i would use a rip saw/circular saw. boards come in 2 thickness's normally 18mm and 22mm You can set the depth on a circular saw. To be extra safe you could set it at 17mm for a 18mm board and just break the last mm gently with a chisle. I would also cut half way on a joist so when you put them back down they are supported.
I would make the area so i can see where im cutting. You can screw a 2"x1" batton to the floor to use as a guide for your saw to enable straight cuts.
Try not to cut though nails etc if u can.
If you have any problems just ask and ill try my best to explain.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:14 am