Damp?? Blue Mould
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Jo & Al
Labourer
Labourer

Damp?? Blue Mould

by Jo & Al » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi Guys,

We have build an ext on to an old house (50yrs), just over a yr ago. Since the building we have notice alot of condensation on windows (double glazed), and there is green mould growing on blanket box, under the bed, on lockers!!!!! Also there is black on the walls, (we had the felt replaced, still coming true). We have a old chim which is blocked up, we just put the vent in it. Also vent on the wall, and we also had the walls blown with ins. Can anybody pls, pls help with this horrible problem. Any advice would b gr8.

Many thanks,

Jo.

LCL
Ganger
Ganger

by LCL » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:12 pm

Jo and Al

As one myself, with the problems you have listed, i would suggest you contact a local Chartered Building Surveyor. Make sure you have all the plans and any photos of the constructions works to hand when he/she visits.

Your note suggests classic condensation, but condensation is normally a result of other factors. It is these other factors that need to be adequately addressed.

Finally, be prepared to work with the surveyor. It may be a process of illimination!

Good luck.

LCL

chippy
Labourer
Labourer

jo and al

by chippy » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:23 pm

yep i agree with the condensation problem it can grow mould in many colours the typical is black i reccomend more ventilation to the area.
Andrew

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:04 am