DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Damp cause with water coming through edges of window frame

Postby Themods » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:42 pm

We have been in our property for 3 months with no notable issues but now we're having water come in through the edges of the inner window frame and damp patches have just appeared on the surrounding wall.

I've resealed the window frame inside and outside but the damp around the window/on the walls is continuing. Based on the location of the damp patches is there any way of telling if the source of the leak is the roof, the pointing/cracked bricks, or guttering??

Not sure whether I should go calling out a roofer, a builder, or a chap who does guttering?? Or what type of tradesperson should I be googling?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:24 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:35 pm

Hi themods
If you can find a local damp proofing firm ask them to do a survey. Probably better not to choose a tradesperson using an internet search - see if you can get a recommendation locally.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4850
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics