damp patch on bedromm ceiling/top of wall
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
patdoyle
Labourer
Labourer

damp patch on bedromm ceiling/top of wall

by patdoyle » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi
We had a new roof done about 7 years ago. There was a damp patch in our small back bedroom which totall dried up after the new roof. We then had the ceiling repaired and the wall and both replastered. We re decorated and it has been fine and dry till we had the walls skimmed to decorate about two weeks ago. There is now a small part of the plaster about 12" wide and 6" high at the top of the wall and onto the ceiling which hasn't dried out fully. The decorator came this morning and said it was a bit too damp to paint so he left. The wall outside is rendered but is dry. What advice can you give me. If it is damp should I get a builder in or ask the plasterers advice. Should I try a de humidifier? HELP!!!

Dan the man
Ganger
Ganger

by Dan the man » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:41 am

If it has been damp in the past then more often than not it will take longer to dry when re-plastered, give it another few days, put the radiator on in the room and leave the window open, see what it looks like in a few days.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:38 am