Damp Proof Membrane
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gerrymayf
Labourer
Labourer

Damp Proof Membrane

by gerrymayf » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:05 am

I am building a porch - the first project of this type I have undertaken. I have been using this site for advice and have got as far as having poured the floor slab. Currently I have the DPM protruding up on all sides. One side abuts the garage wall and one the kitchen wall. The slab is about one brick lower than the damp proof course of the house/garage.

The DPM on the exterior walls will go into the brickwork, but what to do with the other 2 sides? Do I glue it to the brickwork of the kitchen/garage or cut it off please?

Many thanks for your advice.

Regards

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Damp Proof Membrane

by welsh brickie » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:28 am

stick it to the wall,when you plaster the wall you wont see it.If your not plastering the wall you will have to cut it off.

gerrymayf
Labourer
Labourer

by gerrymayf » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:33 pm

Many thanks for that - it does make sense. But just one more if I may. What type of glue should I use as I do plan to dry line it.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by welsh brickie » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:03 am

[quote="gerrymayf"]Many thanks for that - it does make sense. But just one more if I may. What type of glue should I use as I do plan to dry line it.[/quote]
you will have to nail it to the wall using galvanised nails,you can use silicone sealant but it wont hold.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:03 pm