Damp Proofing Over Dinning Room Flagstone Floor
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
Rosegoddard
Labourer
Labourer

Damp Proofing Over Dinning Room Flagstone Floor

Post by Rosegoddard » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:16 am

Hi,

Half of our dining room floor has flagstones laid on dirt and the other half has had the flagstones removed and filled with concrete (I don’t know if there is any damp proof course under this concrete). The flags and the concrete are different levels (the concrete is about 3/4 inch higher).

The walls of our house are ham stone with no damp proof course, our external walls have been insulated on the inside with 63mm thermaline pir board.

I want to level out the floor and apply some sort of damp proofing so that I can then lay an engineered hardwood floor.

The floor is very cold - I’d love to insulate it fully but I don’t have the headheight to do this as is and I don’t have the budget/time to dig down.

I plan to reduce the level of the concrete side by 3/4 inch to make the two parts level.

I am hoping to get some advice on how to damp proof and Level out the floor. I’ll need to put a levelling compound over the 2 parts. I’m wondering if there is a product that can level and damp proof in one? I’ve also seen the plastic dimpled sheeting which I assume would provide a level of insulation too. A Further question I have is if I damp proof the floor could this lead to problems with the damp coming up through the walls?

Many thanks in advance for your advice.
Rose

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:21 am