Demolition of Kitchen Extension.
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Philnevillesleftfoot
Labourer
Labourer

Demolition of Kitchen Extension.

Post by Philnevillesleftfoot » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:42 pm

This is my first time on this website and i need some help and advice. My girlfriend and i are wanting to knock down our Single brick extension and move the kitchen back into the house to where it used to be ( which is now currently our dining room). What i am wanting to know is where do we start ie do we install a new kitchen before demolishing the extension, or take down the extension then plaster and install a new kitchen in our house. Advice is welcomed.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Philnevillesleftfoot,
If the new kitchen is isolated from the old fit the new one first the demolish the old.
end

PeterKruk
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Demolition of Kitchen Extension.

Post by PeterKruk » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:17 am

Demolition can be hazardous activity, Safe demolition is very complex and technical skill, that should be left to competent person. Additionally buildings constructed prior to 1999 may contain asbestos. Management plan for waste and noise effect on neighbours must be also considered.

Here you can watch interesting video showing demolition and building process of new kitchen extension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3lApVjR5nY

Kind Regards

Peter

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:51 am