Do I need cork expansion for laminate in bedroom
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ratgirl
Labourer
Labourer

Do I need cork expansion for laminate in bedroom

by ratgirl » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:49 pm

I have just brought my laminate floor from wickes,I have got my underlay which is 7mm thick woodfibre.
I am planning to take my old skirting up & lay the laminate & fit new skirting back (the reason for doing this is, my skirting at the moment is painted plum colour & i want a natural wood colour & its cheaper buying skirting than scotia).
My question is do I need to buy the cork expansion to go round the edge of the room?
I take it we just fit the floor with the gap things & fit the skirting after so the floor can still 'float'.
Any hint/tips would be grateful.
Katie.

mr_vampy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Do I need cork expansion for laminate in bedroom

by mr_vampy » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:32 am

[quote="ratgirl"]I have just brought my laminate floor from wickes,I have got my underlay which is 7mm thick woodfibre.
I am planning to take my old skirting up & lay the laminate & fit new skirting back (the reason for doing this is, my skirting at the moment is painted plum colour & i want a natural wood colour & its cheaper buying skirting than scotia).
My question is do I need to buy the cork expansion to go round the edge of the room?
I take it we just fit the floor with the gap things & fit the skirting after so the floor can still 'float'.
Any hint/tips would be grateful.
Katie.[/quote]

Hi Katie,

You do not need to use any of the cork strip to fill the expansion gap. As you are planning to remove and replace your skirting board, just lay the laminate leaving a 10mm expansion gap round the perimeter of the room and then put the skirting on top of the laminate and fix to the wall. The thickness of the skirting board will cover the expansion gap.
Hope it helps

Will

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:32 pm