Do we Need an Architect for L Shape Loft Conversion and Extension
Information, help and advice on many architecture, self build and design problems and issues

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
LucasNewMalden
Labourer
Labourer

Do we Need an Architect for L Shape Loft Conversion and Extension

by LucasNewMalden » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi guys

We just bought our first house.

It'a narrow and long Victorian house built in 1930 and we want to add "L" shape loft with bathroom above old bathroom and go 2m deeper to garden with extension.

We have builders but do we need an architect?

I checked with Kingston council and we are free with changes as long neighbours are ok with that.

Few people on the same road did already refurbishments - https://maps.kingston.gov.uk/PSImageViewer/ImageStore/Images/Dc/1614255/Image_1.pdf

Please advise me is our "idea" possible and will 85k be enough? (that's quotation we got for "FIX1" including floor heating and concrete floor downstairs).

Album with proposed floor plan - https://photos.app.goo.gl/Kuvq34zWA8RveoDa2

michaelscad
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Do we Need an Architect for L Shape Loft Conversion and Extension

by michaelscad » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:14 pm

I am a master builder and was diagnosed with MS in my mid thirties. I was doing OK with crutches and manual wheelchair I enrolled into a residential training college I took a course in quantity surveying I’ve always had a keen interest in CAD. Now I am able to draw plans with a project schedule including itemised priced bills of quantities. Now I’ve had a stroke I was prepared for it but in a couple of seconds I’m now stuck in a motorized chair I’m still building albeit on a screen I’ve been trying to get hold of treatment for stroke spasticity that’s been approved by NICE. The proof of its efficacy is the number of private clinics opening up in the UK. I’ve been in touch with a number of them who, state ‘try before you buy’ but in every case the replies are how much treatments are and appointment times not one of them will let me ‘try before buy ‘I’ve got building expertise taught to me by time served tradesmen from. Foundations to roofing. I’m now in a unique situation with the ability to draw plans and project schedules from given dimensions and design brief. I’m going to use these skills for free as a way raising funds I would like make all this equipment available for those with neurological disorders instead of having to pay for assessments to private clinics when all they like me want to do is try it I can’t charge for this because I’m on DLA .The other option is if you are satisfied with I’ve done buy a type of stroke treatment equipment there are many types. Probably about what the cost of drawing plans the difference is I’m including a project management schedule with itemised bills of quantities. All I need are dimensions and brief. I do it all by email in PDF no paperwork needed I’ve submitted plans including application forms for both planning and building regulations to several local authorities Unfrotunately this forum doen’t let PDFas all my work is in this can’t post them posting in image files loses all the definiition and this is important tey are working drawings I also include project priced management schedules with all my work I’ll gladly send them to anybody

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:38 am