Does outbuilding height restriction of 2.5m include base?
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JAR6
Labourer
Labourer

Does outbuilding height restriction of 2.5m include base?

Post by JAR6 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:18 pm

Im looking at buying a log cabin for my back garden. The only problem i can see with planning permission is that it must be under 2.5 metres as its close to the Neighbours boundarys.

The Log cabins im looking at buying are all under 2.5 metres (most are 2.4 meteres). My only worry is that i have an existing base which is almost a foot high at the highest part. The cabin on the base could take the building over 2.5 meteres. Does anyone know if the 2.5 metres refers to the building itself or will it include the base.

If it does include the base or is measured from the ground, at what point would it be measured from as my back garden is raised and sloped upwards. So would it measured from the top of the building to the highest point in the garden. Or from the top of the building to the groung where the log cabin is situated.

I don't know if 'ive explained what i mean that well, but hopefully someone can make sense of it. I did try searching all existing threads first to find the answer but couldn't see anything.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Wed May 18, 2011 10:59 pm

JAR6,
I think you will have to put your proposal to your local planning authority for a decision. Draw elevations (showing ground levels) and site plan and submit these for guidance.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1