Doing up my fireplace
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Brianblessed
Labourer
Labourer

Doing up my fireplace

Post by Brianblessed » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:22 pm

Hi

I have a wooden fire surround, I have a slab of slate (3/4") and have removed the old fire frontage/surround.

I also have a few questions...
1. How do i fix the wooden fire surround so you can't see the fixings?
2. Will the slate be ok for the inner surround (between fire and wooden surround) and the hearth? Alos how would it be best to fix these to the chimney breast and floor?
3. I don't seem to a have a fire throat collar on top of the fireback cheeks. Is this a problem?
4. How far down should the piece of slate go over the top of the fire?

The fire place is a baxi burnall underfloor vented fire with built in removable ashpan and is in very serviceable condition.

Brian

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:22 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:30 am