Doorbell and security light suddenly stopped working
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Pad
Labourer
Labourer

Doorbell and security light suddenly stopped working

by Pad » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:24 pm

Hello,

I have a doorbell that's connected to the mains and an outdoor security light at the back of the house. Not sure if there's a connection between them both stopping working around the same time?

I've checked to see if any of the fuses have tripped, but none have. So where do I need to look next or what do I need to do?

Many thanks for any help or tips?

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Doorbell and security light suddenly stopped working

by Mr White » Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:41 pm

Are you sure they both stopped working at the same time? It may be the security light's lamp has failed (Which will not become noticeable until dark) and maybe the doorbell button is too corroded to operate said doorbell. (Which could have finally failed last time it rained, but you would not know until the doorbell button was pressed by a friend who then phoned you.)
It may be that they are both on the same supply (Doubtful) and it has been inadvertently switched off.
What ever the cause it can not be seen from where anyone is typing (Unless it is that little box in the corner, at the back of that cupboard) you will have to get someone in.

I often wonder, does the OP ever pop back to see if they have a reply?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:01 am