Double switch wiring
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jayefc1
Labourer
Labourer

Double switch wiring

by jayefc1 » Wed May 23, 2007 8:38 am

I am trying to replace a double switch and the wires went everywhere so not sure which goes where.

Double switch contains Outside light (brown,blue, yell/green), downstairs light (brown, black grey). link to another switch (brown, black, grey)

Earths are connected to earth terminal, so okay there. neutral from outside light and 1 grey wire connected in connection block, so i presume nothing else there. i therefore have 3 brown left, 2 black and a grey. The switch i have has 2 commons, 2 L1 and 2 L2's. Cany anyone help me please?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed May 23, 2007 8:45 pm

Hi, can't believe how much ' new ' colours make it difficult to visualise!!!
after 40 years ' old ' colours would have jumped out as easy refit!!!
Lets try;
First when you say link to other sw. is it a 2 way? if so look in other sw &find out what colour is in common, whatever it is the same colour from that 3c/e must go in com. of your sw (1 only),
the other 2 cores of that cable go into L1 & L2 of same sw.
I'm sorry but i think you had better get some hands on help because too many combinations
Regards SPARX

jayefc1
Labourer
Labourer

by jayefc1 » Thu May 24, 2007 11:02 am

Thanxs sparx, got there in the end, after a few failed attempts everything is back up and blackpool is now lit.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:55 am