Douglas fir conservatory
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
whatarascal
Labourer
Labourer

Douglas fir conservatory

Post by whatarascal » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi people

I will be attempting to build a conservatory this summer at the moment I am taking down an old single glazed eysore,and preparing the ground and also soil pipes.

The new conservatory will be made from douglas fir nice and chunkey so plenty of joinery invoved.

Can anyone tell me how I can best gain information on traditional joints that would suit a lean to conservatory.

Thanks

sweetorb
Tradesman
Tradesman

conservatory

Post by sweetorb » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:46 pm

hi rascal

there probly wont be that many "joinery" joints in a conservatory i wouldnt imagine,barr mortice and tenons,half laps/cuts,birdsmouths( if u could call that a joint..??),and mitres and such. if you google "joinery techniques" or something like that there are hundreds of results,some better than others.

probly worth throwing "douglas fir" into a search 2 learn about specific problems,properties,how to best work with it etc..

theres also some great american sites ive noticed offering advice on hand cut roofs and stuff which might be helpfull...?! also sum stuff on youtube and all over the place on router work which might come in handy depending on how u planning to do all ur rebates etc

sweet

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:43 pm