dpc and dpm
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
BillySilly
Labourer
Labourer

dpc and dpm

by BillySilly » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:37 pm

Hi
I am building a largish shed using 215mm celcon blocks. I have laid the foundations and have trench blocks up to the level of the dpc. I have laid the concrete slab on hardcore-blinding layer of sand-dpm. Some elementary questions on what to do next!
1 Is the preferred order mortar-dpm-mortar-dpc-mortar-first row of blocks?
2 Doesn't this make a rather thick sandwich (especially at the corners with lapping of the dpc): how thin should each mortar layer be?
3 I know to lap the dpc at the corners but what do I do with the dpm at the corners? Do I bunch or cut it and if I cut, how?
4 Do I trim the dpm and if so where?
5 Do I put down the whole first layer of mortar on one side of the building and press the dpm onto it, or go on to lay the second layer of mortar and dpc in one session? Do I then go on in the same session to lay the third layer of mortar and first row blocks on the dpc or wait until the first 2 layers have gone off?
6 What do I do with the dpm where the garage door opening is?
Thanks

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:56 pm

Let DIY Doctor help you to find quotes from vetted and trusted tradesman local to your area. Visit our Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:48 pm