drainage and bog garden and pond
Information, help and advice on all areas of landscaping and land design

whatnots2015
Apprentice
Apprentice

drainage and bog garden and pond

by whatnots2015 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:18 am

My neighbours and I live at the bottom of a hill and our shared access gets boggy when it rains. I'm considering putting a bog garden and perhaps a pond in my garden to try to encourage some of the water to accumulate elsewhere. One of my neighbours owns the shared acess and doesn't want people doing things to it, not even removing weeds, but has abandoned the house and now lives a few doors along, so me putting drains, gravel etc on the shared access is not an option. I live a little uphill of the abandoned house and garden though with an even bigger hill behind us all perhaps my bog and pond won't make that much of a difference and will just be a nice bit of habitat in my garden. I'm also considering installing land drains in my garden to try to direct water more towards the abandoned garden than the shared access so it has a bit more ground to filter through before getting to the shared access but I don't want to cause a nuisance even if the garden is abandoned. All thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:39 am