Dual actuator control panel wiring
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
krh
Labourer
Labourer

Dual actuator control panel wiring

by krh » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:24 am

Hi,

I have a new large window which is to be opened and closed with 2 electric actuators. The suppliers have provided a dual actuator control panel to keep the actuators synchronised. However there is no wiring diagram or instructions with the panel and it has 12 terminals.

Does anyone know how to connect the supply and actuators to this, or know where I may be able to find instructions? There is no manfacturers name on the panel itself, and no obvious labels for the terminals.

I have uploaded a photo of the panel.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Dual actuator control panel
Dual actuator control panel

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Dual actuator control panel wiring

by ericmark » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Not easy I agree but with some observations one can work out some of the likely connections.
The top connections are clearly the actuator connections.
There are two fuses which will likely be the supply and I would think some careful looking at the board should be able to work out which terminals are supply.
The 8 diodes I would think are to give a 1.2 volt signal attenuations and I would guess some sensors go to these connection.
The two large resistors I would guess are volt droppers.
There are two optical isolators and their position leads one to expect there are two sensors connected to the 8 diodes and once the voltage exceeds 1.2 volt the isolators will relay the information.
Looking up the info on the two chips will likely give more insight to what it does.
But there is not enough detail to work it all out from your picture.
The chances of finding some one who has seen this board before are very remote. You must have bought it from some one and there must be more info than you are showing.
I would guess three connections to each actuator with two to each sensor and two for supply giving total of twelve. Each actuator I would guess has a common and in plus out?
So I would think from top first 6 terminals are to actuators, next four to sensors, last two go to supply.
But of course only a guess and you have far more information then I have with actuators, and sensors I assume for you to look at?
Clearly having the board in ones hand one can trace the likely connections far better than with a picture and I am sure you can deduce the connections with some careful study.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:58 pm

As Ericmark says too many possibilities but as new window/control, data should have been supplied with it.
Ask supplier for info, or where purchased. it is dangerous to guess.

krh
Labourer
Labourer

by krh » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Thanks both for replying.

Managed to get a response from the supplier. The wiring diagram should have been included (as was suggested here) and they have now sent it through. It's rather different from what might have been guessed by looking at the board (and even what appeared to be labels for some of the connectors look misleading), so I'd just re-emphasise the importnace of bot trying to guess these things.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:25 pm