Earth Bonding in bathrooms
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ROBIN
Labourer
Labourer

Earth Bonding in bathrooms

by ROBIN » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:49 pm

I have read all the questions and answers on this subject, but still have not got my answer. I am earth bonding a bathroom. All pipes, radiator, lights have been cross bonded using 4mm cable. My question is I am fitting an electric shower. Does the earth bonding have to be connected into the earth terminal of the incoming power to the shower together with the earth of the incoming power?

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Earth Bonding in bathrooms

by BLAKEY1963 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:55 pm

[quote="ROBIN"]I have read all the questions and answers on this subject, but still have not got my answer. I am earth bonding a bathroom. All pipes, radiator, lights have been cross bonded using 4mm cable. My question is I am fitting an electric shower. Does the earth bonding have to be connected into the earth terminal of the incoming power to the shower together with the earth of the incoming power?[/quote]

ROBIN
DID A REPLY NOT SURE IF IT WENT ??????
APPRECIATE U HAVE STARTED THIS.
THIS IS IN A BATHROOM AND PART P NOTIFIABLE.
GET YOUR LOCAL REGISTERED ELECTRICAN IN.
BLAKEY1963

koicarpus
Apprentice
Apprentice

by koicarpus » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:29 pm

Hi,
All you need to do is connect your 4mm earth to any earth terminal in your shower or isolator/pull cord.

Job done

Koicarpus

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:07 pm

Hi,
Yes! at the moment, is expected to change next july but don't suppose you want to wait that long!!!
regards SPARX

Lee8210
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Lee8210 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:43 am

What do you think the changes will be? No cross bonding in bathrooms?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:01 pm

HI LEE, If the d(r)aft changes to 17th edition are adopted then yes no more bonding will be required only main to incoming services, but to allow that EVERY circuit in bathrooms etc will have to be RCD protected, this being normal practice 'Sur-le Continong'.So like our wiring colour changes we have to adopt 'worst-practice' for Harmonisation!
Funny 'cause I remember being told we would get all the BEST bits from member countries, still waiting for German style doorstep beer deliveries....Mustn't get political....will wait till January for final issue of 17th regs for implementation next June, regards
SPARX

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:36 pm