Easiest way to level half a concrete slab for shed?
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Paul Cat
Labourer
Labourer

Easiest way to level half a concrete slab for shed?

by Paul Cat » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:32 pm

Yes, I know. The easiest way to get someone else to do it but I don't have that luxury.

I had an old 7x8 shed on a slab 8x9. I have a new 16x8 shed so laid an extra slab adjoining the old one, doubling the area. Because I needed to keep stuff under cover until the last moment I only just demolished the old shed which revealed that it has a 2" fall over 8 feet. It's also not even across the slab, dipping into one corner, and when I lay the floor sections down it's clear that if I build off that the shed will be banana shaped. That's not the end of the world but it will almost certainly cause problems with the doors.

The way I see it I have three options:

1. Shim the bearers with slats (a bodge that will take forever as I'll have to make up pieces of varying thickness for 10 bearers).

2. Pour a whole new slab on top of both but that's going to cost more, take time and put the shed another 4" higher than it already is with no room to build steps.

3. Pour another layer of concrete on the low half only. I know this will probably spall later where it's too thin but it'll be hidden. If I do this I'll probably use sharp sand at the shallow end in the hope of blending it.

Where am I going wrong?

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Easiest way to level half a concrete slab for shed?

by stoneyboy » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:45 pm

Hi paulcat
Either do your option 3 or form pads in a rapid setting screed mix and bed the bearers on these.
Regards S

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:53 am