elecsa
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
brace67
Apprentice
Apprentice

elecsa

Post by brace67 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:25 pm

justabout to register with them done my part p upto level a full scope anyone got any comments about them?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:04 pm

Hi, ELECSA now owned by ECA, whose own scheme is run for them by BRE certification! you pays your money & take your chances as the saying goes,
Good Luck
SPARX

stecook_elec
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by stecook_elec » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:14 pm

I just recently part p certified and shopped around, found NAPIT better and cheaper, as no extra costs for Periodic Testing, where NICEIC, ELECSA etc all have additional charges.......

brace67
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by brace67 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:53 pm

yes but i did level a full scope napit wont recognize

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:12 pm

Hi, Brace 67, I'm ECA Member but joined NAPIT for Part P for many reasons, but am puzzled by 'Level A'? what's that? you either qualify for scheme or not surely? all supposed to have same requirements for registeration, ie 2371, 2391, etc. please explain as I thought either 'full' or 'defined scope' were only options?
B.W. 'confused of Kent'

brace67
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by brace67 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:19 pm

if you do standard pert p then it covers u to do work on circuits as part of your existing job ie kitchen fitters bathrooms etc but you cannot just go to a house and do electrics. if you do the further level a full scope you can carry out all electrics inc consumer units etc and once registered u can self cert all your work

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by sparx » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:42 pm

Hi Not allowed to comment on behalf of NAPIT but I believe you have done a defined scope short course? If so you will need exactly the same test equipment and knowledge of its use as for a full scope scheme and have to have & be able to fill in minor works and installation certs.
However I do think NAPIT don't recognise anything other than full scope leckies, & I'm inclined to agree with them as they are primarily an organisation for testing full installations so perhaps should not be accepting members with lesser qualifications/experience,
Obviously biased as NAPIT Member as well as ECA.
good luck with which ever 'club' you do join,
regards
SPARX

brace67
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by brace67 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:18 pm

ive done part p course defined scope level b and c then gone back and completed level a full scope i have a fluke 1652 brand new and im very aware of all testing and i can change everything in a domestic dwelling and can complete a full rewire starting from electricity boards tails but at mo have to have inspected by building control until i get registered with elecsa once registered with elecsa i can self cert all my work and they will inform building control and issue certs to customer i have approx 15yrs experience so dont class myself as new to the industry.

ma876
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by ma876 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi have you you been tested by elcsa yet? I will have to register with them sortly, I have recently completed a 5 day course for part p and would appreciate a bit of info on what the inspector expects.

If you haven`t been inspected yet all the best for when it takes place!!!

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm