Electric Heating or Storage Heaters?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MGS84
Labourer
Labourer

Electric Heating or Storage Heaters?

by MGS84 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Hi all,

I have recently bought a flat that I will be renting out. At the moment there is no central heating and no gas connection to the flat. Before i rent it out I want to either put in Electric central heating or put in new storage heaters in each room. I am just not sure how much a electric central heating will cost seeing there are no radiators in the flat at present. Does anyone know a ballpark figure for a standard size 2 bedroom flat how much it would cost? If it is too expensvie then i will go for storage heaters, which models are the best and most efficient?

Thanks for any advice....

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:25 pm

Can't offer too much advice, but one thing I can say is the units used in electric central heating are complicated and often prone to breaking down.

Trevorp
Labourer
Labourer

by Trevorp » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:15 pm

[quote="plumbbob"]Can't offer too much advice, but one thing I can say is the units used in electric central heating are complicated and often prone to breaking down.[/quote]

I have the same query. There is no gas in the village and we have no space for an oil tank. Our storage heaters are OK but insufficient. Has anyone got any views on installing electric central heating?

humperdink
Tradesman
Tradesman

by humperdink » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:27 pm

hi you can check my reply to - coice of central heating - ps not my spelling

spannergunn36
Labourer
Labourer

by spannergunn36 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:11 pm

I have heard about some German made radiators that one of my neigbours had installed in their flat. These seem work like a storage heater, but with better control and you can use them without the night time Economy 7. They are called Thermapanel (Google "heatandcool.co.uk")
[/url]

Don't know if they will help you

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1