Electric motor
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Electric motor

by greengrass » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:52 am

I have a Rollaway Mk 1 garage door, roll shutter type. The control has packed up and will cost £350 plus vat to replace it which I can't afford.

Anyone got a wiring diagram for the control panel Rollaway Mk 1 Issue D on the cover is Gewiss 44207 ip 56.

Plan 2 failing to get a wire diagram and or the controll panel can't be repaired then I'll connect it to a two way pressure switch but there is nothing on the motor or in the controll box that tells me what the voltage of the motor is. Any one any ideas on that score?.

Many thanks in anticipation

Greengrass

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:10 am

Hi greengrass,
can't be too helpful on this one, but if I was in your shoes i'd be contacting the manufacturers and see if they would be willing to supply diagrams.
KB

ericmark

by ericmark » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:57 am

The Gewiss 44207 ip 56 refers to the plastic box it all fits in. It does seem manufacturers select a group of fitters and don't broadcast any information and most places I have worked called in contract repairers as in most cases it was the shutters that became damaged. In old days DC motors would drive the doors but with the price of inverters dropping they started to use standard 3 phase motors. The inverters have large capacitors in them and can give a nasty belt even when switched off. You may find some information on an inverter or on the motor but there are that many safety switches etc. And they are bespoke systems so the only circuit diagram you can use is yours as they are often altered for basic design. We would never dream of trying to repair an inverter.

A inverter takes to power in (AC, DC, Single phase or polyphase) turns it to DC and then back to AC at varying voltages and frequencies and can deliver to a three phase motor. Not even electricians work on these always returned to manufacturer.

Sorry not much help.

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Electric motor

by greengrass » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:52 pm

[quote="greengrass"]I have a Rollaway Mk 1 garage door, roll shutter type. The control has packed up and will cost £350 plus vat to replace it which I can't afford.

Anyone got a wiring diagram for the control panel Rollaway Mk 1 Issue D on the cover is Gewiss 44207 ip 56.

Plan 2 failing to get a wire diagram and or the controll panel can't be repaired then I'll connect it to a two way pressure switch but there is nothing on the motor or in the controll box that tells me what the voltage of the motor is. Any one any ideas on that score?.

Many thanks in anticipation

Thanks will have to return to winding it up and down using the manual handle I attach it to an electric drill although it's a pain but does the trick.
Big job looking at it to remove the motor it looks like you have to remove the barrel complete with shutter door as the motor in would drop if once disconnected. I have had no joy in the past with the installers they wanted £45 just for the manual handle so I made one. They said they can't supply a diagram but will fit a new control panel for £350 plus vat but only after testing the system at an additinal cost of £150 call out for service.....no comment it's un-printable.

Greengrass[/quote]

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 pm