Electric shower too cold
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kslov
Labourer
Labourer

Electric shower too cold

by kslov » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi

I have a Gainsborough Style 300 electric shower. Only just moved in and don't have the instruction manual so apologies if I appear dim!

The shower is luke warm at the moment (if that) and has been for some time. I've read somewhere that it might be the thermostat but I dont know where that is - do I need to take the front off the control box?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated
Thanks

Kate

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:00 pm

Unfortunately, the fault may not be as simple as that. The temperature of electric showers is controlled simply by increasing or decreasing the water flow across the element not by any electrical means. If the shower has two power settings, test the difference in water temp by switching between the two. If the water temp is the same for both, this suggests (and is the most likely) that part of the heating element has failed.

The only thermostat on an electric shower is the safety cutout. If this trips, the shower would be stone cold.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:48 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:12 pm