ELECTRICAL ENCLOSURE
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Itsmalc
Apprentice
Apprentice

ELECTRICAL ENCLOSURE

Post by Itsmalc » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:53 pm

Hi, I need to install / fit an external enclosure box onto an outside dry-stone wall (in the garden of the property) to enable 2 supply circuits to run from the enclosure, is this feasible and are there any regulations controlling this? Any help / advice would be appreciated.
Regards
Malc F.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: ELECTRICAL ENCLOSURE

Post by Mr White » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:40 pm

Although you are a retired electrician, at the end of the day you will still need a currently PART P certified electrician to sign off the job.

Itsmalc
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Itsmalc » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:21 am

Hi Mr White, Thanks for replying, I can see you’ve studied my history, in answer to your reply, I have a friend who is a registered electrician and he will test the installation once completed (obviously at a charge).
My question - Is it sufficient to fix the enclosure box to a solid part of the dry-stone wall or do the regulations require a separate fixing point such as a timber post or concrete post?
Regards
Malc F.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by Mr White » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:27 pm

Regulations do not mention drystone wall, all they say is anything fixed must be secure, as I am not signing it off why don't you ask the person who is? see what he will be happy with.

Itsmalc
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Itsmalc » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:37 pm

Hi Mr White, Thanks for the advice, much appreciated, the reason I have not asked the electrician about this yet is that he would almost certainly need to visit the house just to assess the job and he charges separately for each visit, even just to give advice, I don't agree with this but hey ho thats how it is! Thank you once again for your vast knowledge and advice, I always feel reassured whenever I post a question on this website!
Regards
Malc F.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:51 pm