Elson Coral E Boiler advice needed
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

Dan1605
Labourer
Labourer

Elson Coral E Boiler advice needed

by Dan1605 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:14 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice relating to a Coral E boiler. I have just moved into a short term let which is electric only and is fitted with a combination of storage heaters and this immersion heater. What's laughable (until I start to cry at the cost) is that the apartment is fitted with a single rate prepayment meter. I can do without the storage heaters for now but I need the immersion for hot water so no choice in this matter. So far i'm using £4.00/day in electric, the most of which seems to be used by this heater. I have played around with it and set it to come on for 3 hours in the early hours which has already seen a big reduction in cost, the problem is by the time I run the bath/shower around 8pm at night there is no hot water. As there is no economy 7 I have now set the heater to come on between 5pm and 7pm to ensure hot water but once the meter is changed to credit economy 7 I'm going to want to take advantage of the 7 hours.

So, how long do there heaters need to ensure hot water all day? At the moment they seem to defy their purpose,

Thanks in advance
Dan

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:07 am