Extractor Fan
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hicky
Labourer
Labourer

Extractor Fan

by hicky » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi
Can anyone give me advice on my bathroom extractor fan?
Just moved in and fan in bathroom (no windows etc) not working. I had a spare (Marley) still in original plastic packaging, but 4-6 years old. Fitted this but no joy. Have checked power and is all ok ie switched live comes on when pullcord pulled. permanent live. live. Could this fan also be knackered ?
All the best
Phil.

333rocky333
Ganger
Ganger

by 333rocky333 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:12 pm

check fan blade spins ok may be jammed as so old,if not try running on a plug 3 amp fused and lead in the garage or some where out of the bathroom, link out the live and switchlive to see if it goes, check the timer setting, sometimes the fans take a few seconds before they start or wait for the shutter if fitted to open first.
Be carefull of new regs for mains fans in bathrooms ,especially ones with no windows

ericmark

by ericmark » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:50 am

Some fans are timed but also some have humidity sensors which may cause it not to work if too dry. But I have had new fans fail or fail after very short time screws fallen out and jammed and with such fine winding they tend to burn out before blowing 3 amp fuse.

All best Eric

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:54 pm