All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bellboy
Labourer
Labourer

Faulty Thermostat cartridge help

by Bellboy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:50 am

Hi,

I have been advised that the thermostat cartridge in my shower is faulty (water prssure basically dies when I turn the thermostat control to hot; however the sink tap hot water pressure is fine - does this point to a faulty thermostat therefore?). However I can't see any identification of what the make of shower is, and I have no documentation with it (the previous occupants had installed it). I have been advised that I need to find out the make and model before the replacement can be bought in. Is there any way I can go about identifying it? The whole unit is built into the wall - shower head pokes about a foot out of the wall, bath tap is built into the bath, and the controls for both are on the wall to the side, where you have the shower tap, the water temperature tap, and then the bath tap. I believe the panel with the taps on it could come off however not being particularly DIY-handy I wouldn't feel too confident just yanking the facia off.

If I were to post photos of it would it help identify it in any way?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:13 pm

MANY OF THE ANSWERS TO YOUR POSTS CAN BE FOUND, WITH DIAGRAMS, IN THE DIYDOCTOR PROJECTS SECTION. CLICK HERE www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm

Bellboy
Labourer
Labourer

by Bellboy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:48 pm

Many thanks!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:06 pm