fenceing post and gas pipes
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
janie hemming
Labourer
Labourer

fenceing post and gas pipes

Post by janie hemming » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:02 pm

when replaceing an existing fence post i went through a gas pipe, should it be there ! i thought they always ran under paths this was about 12 inches away please advise :(

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:06 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

elwood
Ganger
Ganger

Post by elwood » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:55 pm

hi

normally runs from the meter box to the main in the footpath taking the shortest route, theres no rule to which route it should take but it should be min 450mm depth and covered with sand .

janie hemming
Labourer
Labourer

Post by janie hemming » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:29 pm

thank you elwood, there was no sand just old postcrete mix, so there was no warning it was there until it was to late and i had gone through , i would like to argue the point with nationalgrid what do you think i would like to hear your views please :?:

elwood
Ganger
Ganger

Post by elwood » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi Janie

Yes is worth taking your point up with someone, but when dealing with any of the utility's it can be very frustrating getting any kind of compensation off them because they seem to be blameless in situations like yours.

I run my own groundworks company and i've never been successful.

But they might be more sympathetic to a residential claim.

GOOD LUCK.

Bye

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:52 pm