Finding Replacement Runner for Kitchen Drawer
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
lee6800
Labourer
Labourer

Finding Replacement Runner for Kitchen Drawer

Post by lee6800 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:36 am

Hi,

Need your help please to find replacement runner for my kitchen drawer.
I have searched for hours and can't find this type of runner.
I have attached image of the existing one.If you could point me to a place i can buy this or equal type that will fit.
Any help will be appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gambit
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Finding Replacement Runner for Kitchen Drawer

Post by gambit » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Dear Lee,

Did you manage to find the answer to do this or alternatively what did you do to work around it and did it work.

Anyone else I have exactly the same ones and same problem. I can see there were 50 views but please if you can help identify what this is please I'd be very grateful. If you want more pics of the drawer operation I can put them on. Basically the drawer sliding rails fit in concealed plastic 'flaps' on the side. The drawer itself is not a standard size fit so not sure of a workaround such as replacing carcass.

Many thanks

gambit
Labourer
Labourer

Post by gambit » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:41 pm

IMG_5649.jpg
IMG_5649.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lee6800
Labourer
Labourer

Post by lee6800 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:28 am

Hello,

I found out the manufacturer of the kitchen units were Moore Direct.
I got in touch with them and I was told that they do not manufacture those runners.
I ended up buying complete new system and replacing the whole thing.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Close-Kitchen-Drawer-Runners-System/dp/B01MRVKGRW/ref=sr_1_31?keywords=rejs+soft+close&qid=1563878527&s=gateway&sr=8-31

gambit
Labourer
Labourer

Post by gambit » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:03 pm

Oh thanks for that.

Have you binned everything then or wondering if you have any of the runners spare that I could take off you - well I only need 1 side of 1 drawer?

lee6800
Labourer
Labourer

Post by lee6800 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:32 am

I'm afraid i binned everything
One solution that I tried was, i bought a runner from local iron monger shop. Used 4mm drill bit and drilled a hole on the spot weld and separated the runner from mounting plates. Then tried using 4mm nut and bolts to fix the plate to the new runner, but that didn't work as the bolt was catching the side of the cavity. I needed a welding machine to weld the plate to the new runner, which I didn't have. So i ended up buying new system and around £25 plus 16mm board and renewed the whole thing.

gambit
Labourer
Labourer

Post by gambit » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:45 pm

Thanks anyway.

Moore Direct said the same thing - they don't manufacture them anymore and offered a custom fit drawer box to allow standard diy shop runners to work on them but quoted me £50! That's ridiculous! It was they who decided to not make em standard fit in the first place.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:27 pm